Re: [NTLK] Need good direction on 802.11/wifi solution

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 20:17:37 EDT

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Ian P. Currie <ipcurrie@mac.com> wrote:

> I'll just throw in that I've got the Orinoco Silver and the Melco
> WLI-PCM-L11 (branded as Buffalo) and the Melco actually works a little
> better with Hiroshi's driver, at least as far as WEP is concerned.
> Also low-profile and looks much nicer.

I'll second the Buffalo/Melco WLI-PCM-L11GP. I ordered it a couple
years ago and it works great. It's small, slightly lower power
requirements, and was manufactured until just a few years ago so
should have reasonable availability.

One note: when configuring using Hiroshi's drivers: select
"WLI-PCM-L11" as the card model, not "WLI-PCM-L11G".

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/