Re: [NTLK] Mini notebooks

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 15:28:52 EDT

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Kostas Theofilis <roufianos@mac.com> wrote:

> While it is a major factor to consider, strict price/durability ratio
> is not always a good indicator of what to buy. E.g. The time I would
> lose by using Linux is well worth the extra invenstment towards an
> Apple.
> Or, for some users that need their machines for specific apps that
> they need for they work,, will also look at the price/performance ratio.
> On the other hand, if someone wants a computer mainly for emai/web/
> Office applications, things are more simpler. But anything more than
> that and a lot of factors are coming into the equation.

Right, but I figured my personal considerations software-wise wouldn't
concern the average reader--those are too individual. In my case,
since you brought it up, Linux actually makes sense, because the
software I need/want is actually Linux software. I had to bend over
backwards to get it to compile under X11 on my Mac under Tiger (and it
looks like some might not compile at all under Leopard). That's why
the economic issues come to the fore...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland