Re: [NTLK] What can I do on my 2100?

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 18:56:06 EDT

Larry,

NCX is an application by Simon Bell that allows you to transfer and
install files on the Newton. If you google NCX, you should find it.
It works in OS X and works just fine. I don't think Simon has it
syncing up dates yet, but that's his plan, I believe.

For a serial cable, go to J&K sales. They should have plenty of them.
 You will also need a serial to USB adapter. I got one at Best Buy,
but if you poke around the various computer sales shops online, you
should be able to find one for about $25. I have found that the
serial cable is the most reliable way to connect the Newt, and
whatever the case, you'll need one to install software right off the
bat, so go ahead and pick one of those up.

Bluetooth, while a bit of a hassle to get installed, works fine for
transferring files back and forth, but as I noted in another post, all
text files transferred off the Newt are turned into .txt files, which
means that you lose all formatting. You'll need a Pico bluetooth card
for that. Someone on the list usually has one for sale. Like I said,
it's a hassle to set up, but it's pretty cool once it's up and
running.

Hope this helps.

Cheers