Re: [NTLK] Pissed Off Emate

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 01:19:39 EDT

> I wiped it down but it doesn't come on when I open the lid

I hate to mention it, but you wouldn't be the first who took a
perfectly
healty eMate apart because he managed to move the contrast and volume
sliders to the minimum position while cleaning. In which case you will
not hear the
startup chime and not see anything on the screen although the eMate
DOES power up.

If this isn't the cause, run your eMate through the reset sequence
I describe here

    http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html

EXACTLY as described, and in EXACTLY the same order. If this doesn't
fix things, your eMate has a hardware problem, provided it is dry by
then.

Good luck!

Frank