Re: [NTLK] [OT] Yet another Mac question

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 15:53:55 EDT

Hello,

--- Matt Howe <matthowe@comcast.net> wrote:

>When it crashes, it just freezes. No funny screen
>image or error message, it just stops responding to
>mouse and keyboard. My guess is possibly bad memory?

Speaking of memory, how much RAM do you have stuffed
into it? And what specific applications are you
running?

>I ask this here because someone suggested on of the
>Mac groups to me. I joined that Mac group and never
>got even an acknowledgement to any of the
>questions I asked.

It wasn't this one:

http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml

...was it?

I ask this because the Low End Mac email lists (or
more accurately, Google Groups) are usually pretty
good in terms of helping out with troubleshooting.
And while I haven't messed around with the G-List in a
while, it would be quite disappointing to hear that
suddenly they "don't have time" to answer questions
any more.

Traditionally, the LEM lists have been a great
resource for cheapas^dub^dub^dub "budget-minded"-types
such as myself who angrily insist on wringing every
last cycle out of computing hardware that other people
just as angrily insist ought to be on "Antiques
Roadshow."

Best,

James Fraser