Re: [NTLK] Wiping Names Soup

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 12:08:39 EST

On 1/21/2008 3:42 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 7:21 AM, Dan
>> Sure, go into extras, tap the diamond at the top of the screen and
>> select storage. Then tap names, and delete. It will clear then whole
>> thing.
>
> BUT DON"T DO THAT!!! Unless you want to wipe all your user info! If
> you do this, you will have to reenter registration codes, etc--a real
> pain in the neck!
>
> In the end, I decided the best thing to do was to just keep deleting
> with the select-all feature. It deletes--a bunch at a time. So, it may
> take a few minutes, but you won't wipe out your owner info this way...
> On my Newt with over 800 names, it took maybe 4 or 5 tries to get them
> all gone, but they went...

Hmm true guess I should have mentioned that. It never bothered me
though as I kept a note with all my codes and only took a minute to
enter the ones affected (not that I had to delete the soup often, but I
have for on a few occasions for testing reasons). Keep in mind not all
of such packages use the names soup for code storage. Perhaps that is
another reason it didn't bother me as most of my packages used the
system soup. I think many packages (if not most) started using the
system soup for this very reason as it was too easy for the normal user
to delete their registration data.

-Dan