Re: [NTLK] eMate Problems

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 23:25:07 EST

It probably is but not necessarily. Once the eMate decides that the
battery is too dead to charge, it stops trying. So no matter how long
it is plugged in it won't charge. Sometimes repeated attempts to
charge will build up enough of a charge to allow it to start
charging. On each attempt watch the battery status in Extras till it
rejects the battery, disconnect and wait a few minutes then try
again. Some people have had with putting the battery pack in the
freezer for 20 minutes before trying.
Once you decide the battery is dead, it isn't that difficult to
rebuild it. see Frank Gruendel's site
<http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html>

If you prefer contact me off list, I've done a few of these.

Woody