Re: [NTLK] No New Newt

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 08:50:31 EST

At 12:43 17.01.2008, you wrote:

>The only concern here is that if one's laptop is going to be that "promiscuous"
>security will have to become way-y-y-y better, or else we're looking looking at an
>epidemic of e-AIDS: commercial espionage, torrential location-spamming,
>hacking-counterhacking wars and casual vandalism ambushing people in ways
>that would make us long for the "good old days" of ...now.

Which is of course the very reason why that effortless instantaneous
networking through the air might well remain a dream. Ethernet on the
other hand (or follow-up technologies) might have a solid future.

But then again, nobody knows the future.

>"Computer users don't open the case. It's more the way people relate to
>phones or a disposable lighters. It works or it doesn't. When it stops
>working, you throw it away and get another one."

When it stops working, I send it to Frank Gruendel to have it repaired.
I'm referring to Newtons here of course.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://jpgmag.com/people/MH2