Re: [NTLK] Query about HTML files

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 18:02:00 EST

Hi Andy,

It seems that there should be a way. I am not a windows user but I
seem to recall that there is a way to host a web server on your
computer. On my Mac I can create a folder that is accessible via a
Newton web browser. I have used it to transfer packages to my Newt,
but with NewtsCape you can also view html documents as you would any
other web page.
These can be saved as newton books and I believe that the internal hot
links will remain active, You can also save the document as an html
document in works and open it later in NewtsCape for reading. This
would allow for several documents to be saved. The html code can also
be edited in NewtWorks.

I would like to know if you are successful in sending an html document
as an attachment to the Newt, emailing from the newt should not be a
problem.

woody