Re: [NTLK] Major networking success, but more questions.

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Feb 29 2008 - 06:22:43 EST

Hello,

--- "L.W. Brown" <lwb@mac.com> wrote:

> On 28. Feb.,`08, at 06:09 EST, Stuart Mingay wrote:
>
> > 3. Scanning for WiFi access points
> > Having WiFi is great but it would be even better
> if I could get the card to scan for access points.
Is >>there any software for this? I've googled etc.

> Nope - have to use a hardware device...

Pardon my asking, but are you saying "nope" because
the necessary hardware/software capability has never
existed in the Newton?

Or because something like this has actually been
seriously looked at, attempted, and then subsequently
abandoned for technical reasons?

I guess I'm not clear on why something along the lines
of Retina or MiniStumbler wouldn't be possible on a
Newton. Would someone be kind enough to break it down
for me?

Best,

James Fraser