Re: [NTLK] New in the works - I think I've found a great stand for the Newton MP2000/2100 - in Portrait Mode

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 15:02:56 EST

Good alternative for a Newton Stand :D
As I announced I think I've disocvered a very good alternative for a Newton
Stand.

PED2 - with their additional 4" extension and spacers with one Modification
would made this a great stand for your Newton IMHO. In the example I set it
up with out making the modification though I will eventually when I get
access to some tools to dremel out the hole for the extra brackets I was
given. I need to make them round and percise for their use with the PED2.

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72157604000427234/

PED3 - if you have a Newton Holder with a hole centered which you could use
to attach to the PED3 would also be another great
alternative. The only issue is the weight and balance which could be adjusted.
Of course you'd need to figure out the placement and then adjust the
mounting hole for balance.
The Prototype Docking Sled is made out of solid aluminum so it is still very
heavy.

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72157604003126803/

Enjoy the photos and I hope this will be of use to others here.
Please post comments on the Flickr Photostream with yoru thoughts.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung