Re: [NTLK] Newly Joined

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 03:05:21 EST

The two best methods I've found for getting Notes off the Newton is either
to simply Email them or to use Desktop which dumps the Note to the serial
port to be captured. Of course this requires that the desktop computer be
equipped with a serial port and some kind of terminal software.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Jon Glass wrote
<snip>
However, you need to be aware that getting those notes off the Newton
can be a problem. Sadly, it's not an easy prospect, where I can say,
get such and such hardware or software, and you are good to go. The
Newton connects by the now _very_ outdated serial protocol.
<snip>