[NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Offline Until Further Notice

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 12:24:38 EST

Hello all.

I am sad to report that the Newted Community site will be offline
until further notice. This includes all email accounts and web
services. The eight year old Cobalt Qube 2 that served up the Newted
Community site suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure sometime
this weekend. Until I am able to replace the drive and restore the
data to a working state, the site and its services will remain offline.

Here's hoping that the last backup is actually restorable.

I realize that not all users of the Newted Community email services
are on the NewtonTalk list. Unfortunately, I have no way of notifying
those other users, as their email addresses are stored only on the
dead server.

If anyone contacts you regarding the fact that the Newted Community
is down, please have them email me directly.

I will try to have a status page up and running at the site's primary
URL sometime this week.

http://newted.dyndns.org/

Sigh.

g.