[NTLK] Partial success!

From: Scott Hoffman <scottyhoffo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 06:02:46 EST

Greetings all,
     I have just successfully (and perhaps more so accidentally :) )
installed my first package onto a Newton!

     I have had no end of trouble with serial connections - not being able
to get a USB to serial adapter to work properly with either of my OS X Macs.
I wasn't able to figure out why my serial connection on my OS 9.1 WallStreet
wasn't letting me select it. I finally decided to try IR and what do you
know... Works like a charm!

     Now for another of many questions yet to come... Why do some packages I
downloaded appear simply as "empty file" icons which don't appear / don't
let me select them with any package utility? I downloaded them on my OS X
Power Mac and burned them to a CD. They were right along with the other
packages which I was able to load onto the WallStreet.

     Thanks for any help you can provide...
     Scott Hoffman