[NTLK] Mail V and .Mac problems

From: Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 05:44:38 EST

Hi all,

I've configured my modem to dial into my ISP and connect to the internet with no problems, and I've setup Mail V to use my .Mac account.

Sending mail works perfectly.

When I try to retrieve the headers of mail .Mac mail I got repeated "problem" boxes.Up to about three or four per second. along with the error chime. I had to reset basically. Going back into InOut showed that no mail was downloaded, but I did notice that it had created a number of folders within InOut that matched the names of folders I have on my .Mac account: ".Mac eMail Drafts" or ".Mac eMail Junk" etc. ".Mac eMail" is the name of my setup.

Could people post their setups or point me in the right direction to solve this problem? I've checked the message archive and it seems that lots of people have done this successfully.

Cheers

Stuart