Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 08:15:30 EST

Hello,

On 2008/02/17 17:20, Simon Stapleton at
simon.stapleton@gmail.com wrote:

>I think not, the reference to Brazilian electricians
>was more to do with the Menezes case in London.

Ah, I get it now. Thanks for sorting me out on that
one.

I had a passing familiarity with that shooting, (via
the BBC) but I wasn't aware that the victim was an
electrician. That being the case, the reference went
right over my head.

Of course, things go over my head with such regularity
it's been suggested I become a limbo dancer, but
that's a whole different topic.

LordGroundhog@gmail.com wrote:

>OTOH, it might be better if I also considered using a
>material that would be less sweaty in the summer.
>I'll have to do my research.

I thought I'd throw two more companies into the mix.
They make shoulder holster-type rigs for PDAs and
phones:

http://www.eholster.com/

http://tinyurl.com/24xpcg (Urban Tool)

I clicked around a bit, but I couldn't seem to find a
rig large enough to hold an MP 2100 on either page.
That doesn't mean they don't have one, though.

If nothing else, the two pages may give you some ideas
if you can't find any commercial products you like (or
that will fit) and you decide to get something
custom-made locally.

Best,

James Fraser