Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 06:41:12 EST

~~~ On 2008/02/18 05:22, Brett Feinblatt at bafein@mac.com wrote ~~~

> Let me tell you about the one that works for me.
>
> Remember Star Trek? Spock and his tricorder? Well, that's the deal
> I've got.
>
> A black leather case, cover flips up over the top and slips behind.
> Holes for the power switch, speaker and microphone. Even has a little
> stretch-fabric stylus holder (very cool for the combination pen/
> stylus/LED flashlight/laser I use).
>
> And on the back it has some stretch fabric that would work well as a
> belt loop or just a secure way to hold it, along with two metal
> rings, just perfect for an adjustable shoulder strap, which I found
> easily enough.
>
> Wear it just like a tricorder. Best of all, the strap's adjustable,
> so it can hang snugly on your side under your arm, keeping it out of
> the way when you're not using it, but quickly and easily extends to
> full length so you can work with it, but still keep it secure.
>
> I bought the case on eBay several years ago, but I'm sure there are
> still a few like it around.

I have to admit I like this idea quite a bit, although the shoulder strap
across my chest doesn't appeal to me when I'm wearing a jacket. The exact
time when I need it to be least conspicuous, the strap is showing. That's
what made me think of a shoulder-holster.

And if the case is a snug fit kind of deal, using the belt loop facility and
then taking the Newton in and out of the case sounds less than ideal.

But Spock's tricorder was very cool, wasn't it?

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl