Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 18:08:53 EST

~~~ On 2008/02/17 17:20, Simon Stapleton at simon.stapleton@gmail.com wrote
~~~

> On 17 Feb 2008, at 17:58, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:55:10 -0800 (PST)
>> From: <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk@yahoo.com>
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>> Over here people are a lot more inclined to find out
>>> what a thing is before they decide it's a gun. (Of
>>> course they might shoot you for just being a
>>> Brazilian electrician on your way to work, but that's
>>> another story.)
>>
>> If I'm reading this right, does this mean you're
>> currently in Brazil?
>
> I think not, the reference to Brazilian electricians was more to do
> with the Menezes case in London. The aforementioned and utterly
> innocent Brazilian electrician, Jean Charles de Menezes, was mistaken
> for a suspected suicide bomber, tailed by the police on his way to
> work, and then held down and shot in the head 7 times by officers of
> SO19. 7 times is bad enough, but, despite being fired at point blank
> range, they also managed to miss 4 times. On top of that, although
> they thought he was a suicide bomber ready to detonate himself, he
> was allowed to board a bus at rush hour, and enter a tube station,
> before police acted. The police then lied about the affair, claiming
> he had wires trailing from his jacket (he didn't), that he had
> refused to comply with police orders (he hadn't), etc etc.
>
> Not the UK Police's finest hour, sad to say.

Yes; sorry I took us [OT] and I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but
the way they defamed him and then messed with his family it's as if they
murdered him twice. It's been a long time since anything has made me so
angry.

> Back on topic, if you want custom leatherwork done in London, Brick
> Lane is a good place to go.

Thanks Simon. It's been ages since I've been through that part of London.
Maybe it's about time I made another visit. OTOH, it might be better if I
also considered using a material that would be less sweaty in the summer.
I'll have to do my research.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl