Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 13:53:07 EST

~~~ On 2008/02/15 18:10, Sonny Hung at sonnyhung@gmail.com wrote ~~~

> Hi Christian,
> The only thing I could suggest since you sound like you are really
> interested in getting something useable for you is to purchase a low-cost
> shoulder holster setup and then find a replacement holder for the gun holder
> that will hold the Newton in it's place.
>
> I'm thinking that a Neoprene holder of some sort with the strap material
> that's used with backpacks could be used for reinforcement and as securing
> points... I'm tempted to try but with the recent incidents my wife has
> experienced with just the local NYPD I'd stay away from it because some of
> those on the force act like yahoos... not to tarnish the
> reputation of the rest of the NYPD... whom we have either family or friends
> on the force.
>
> They show no respect for other law enforcement officers from
> other agencies, they need to be trained properly or interviewed better...
> It seems to be an issue wiht authority and prejudices...
>
> God bless,
>
> Sonny Hung
> the Hung Family

Thanks for that Sonny. It could work.

I understand what you mean about the yahoos. I had relatives in NYPD and a
couple of PDs in NJ. They gave me good advice about relating to their
colleagues when I got up to the inevitable hijincks. (I'm old enough that
when I was a kid it was possible to get into silly stuff, usually
good-natured, with the police without actually doing anything criminal or
upsetting them, and my relatives helped me to know where the line was.)
That was when a cop's job wasn't as hard as it is now, and they could afford
to be a little more flexible.

They also warned me that some of their colleagues could get a bit gung-ho --
my one uncle called them 'frustrated gym teachers' -- you may be old enough
to know what that means. I'd guess it's worse now. So I understand what
you're trying to say about being careful.

I guess if I go ahead and make the thing I'll try to think of a way to make
it obvious that it's not a weapon.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl