[NTLK] emate problems

From: Stephan Weber <ashkelon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 15:41:20 EST

Like some others, my emates run fine with the wall wart as long as
there is some charge left to the battery. Once the battery is flat
dead, I start getting errors when trying to use the wall wart.

Typical errors might be that I'm able to get in once with the wall
wart, and I'm told the battery is either charging or charged, but if I
shut the little green monster down, it won't respond to any other
attempt to wake it up.

I pulled two of mine with these typmptoms apart to verify there is
nothing wrong with the display cable (there isn't, the springs are
securely in place). I have yet to mess with them further, since I have
two others with rebuilt battery packs (using the mod so you can put
new rechargables in the tray).

Someday I'll get off my rear and investigate further.

In the meantime I do have a source for modded emates with the hinge
repair for around $100, so it will be simple curiosity that makes me
rebuild one on my own. If anybody's interested in one of Ed's rebuilds
(don't know what he has in stock, email and I'll share his addy).

Stephanie