[NTLK] Emate/2K power supplies

From: Anthony Velasco <ecotone_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 10:40:24 EST

Thanks for the reply Woody. I've never had much luck soldering cells - and I understand that the soldering generates enough heat to damage the batteries, and possibly the thermistor. I have heard that it is better to go with the spot-weld process that the rebuilding shops like Batteries+ and Batteries Etc, and the like typically use. I was looking for alternatives lately and found a hack where you can build a spot-welder that works great for building tabbed battery packs from large salvaged capacitors and some other components, but haven't the time to track all that stuff down, let alone build one. I'd do the soldering myself if there are any suggestions on how to go about it. I've used heat sinks on some solder jobs but haven't any idea on how to link up an effective set of heat sinks when soldering batteries. And, I would think that using acid core solder would provide a better bond. Any suggestions?

On the matter to licensing Tactile Software... yes, I'm still handling that. Thanks to all who have referred other to me, as I get an occasional person contacting me for licensing, and even less frequent sales. Things slowed down when I went on vacation mode for the last 3-4 years. Again, I apologize for the long hiatus, but those of you who have young families - I'm sure you understand! Now that my kids are pretty much self sufficient, I have a little more time to myself and anticipate that this "free time" will become greater over the next several years. I am also hoping that I can introduce my kids to the list so they can learn to use and contribute to the community and its resources...still staying green!

Anthony Velasco
Tactile Sales