Re: [NTLK] IrDA Not Need Slowdown?

From: SteveCraft <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 11:47:48 EST

That's pretty frustrating, but thanks for the info. I bought a very cheap
USB IrDA thing and it didn't work because of Vista incompatibility. I found
something with better drivers and thought that I could get it to emulate a
COM port, from there I could use NCU with "serial port COM7" on the Windoze
side and "connect via IrDA" on the Newton side.

But if it won't work, it won't work. You saved me a few bucks. Thanks!

Right now, I connect my Newts and eMates to a Mac Powerbook 3400c via
serial. It works fine. That Mac can connect to other Windows boxes via FTP.
Because Windows machines are my primary systems, I'd rather eliminate the
Mac as the "middleman". I have found Bluetooth to be more work than I want
to deal with (and will have a few working like-new PICO cards up for sale
soon). Since IrDA is not going to work, I'll get deeper into WiFi and see
that that gets me.

Thanks again.