Re: [NTLK] Deciding between wireless or ethernet card with dongle

From: Ron Parker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Dec 06 2008 - 23:17:49 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gregg Aydelotte"
Sent: 12/06/08 5:07 PM

> I checked out the router
> website, but didn't really
> see how to get the
> firmware.

<http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WRT54G_v4_Installation_Tutorial>

The install & support part of the website wiki. You will want to follow the instructions for flashing your router using IE from a Windows machine. You will want to flash it with v24 sp 1 mini firmware first then flash it again with with the full v24 firmware. The instructions are very complete and straight forward. You should follow them to the 'T'

> Also, your guide is got me
> wanting to work on getting
> this setup on my little
> "network". I'm watching a
> DWL G-122 ver, B1 on ebay,
> but there are no drivers that
> come with it. I've looked
> on Raylink's site but didn't
> see the drivers for the older
> ver. B. I found some for a
> 2500 though.

That's what you will want. The DWL-122G has the Ralink 2500 OEM hardware. The link in my PDF will point you to the right place for downloading the drivers.

> Would I be able to print
> from my Newton on the
> Appletalk setup

Haven't tried that yet. I would consider that an advanced topic that may not be easy if at all possible.

Best regards,

Ron

--
Sent using my HTC WinMo Star Trek Communicator
--
    |\ |   @ TahoeSunsets.COM