Re: [NTLK] Deciding between wireless or ethernet card with dongle

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 23:11:01 EST

On Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 8:59 am Gregg wrote:

> I'd better quit going to bed after
> posting on Newtontalk!

Ah! The beauty of a Newton and a WinMo with T9 Predictive Text ...

I was (actually) unable to sleep (last night) and had penned MY responses IN BED!

> Yes, it' s a WRT-54G. I've seen the
> books on using these, and almost
> ordered one. Maybe I will now.

You may not need to (order that book). Check out this firmware upgrade you can flash on to your particular router. Other routers too! The upgrade replaces the factory LinkSys firmware with an Open Source Linux base version that provides Power User features you just will not believe. I cannot rave enough about this upgrade.

<http://www.dd-wrt.com>

> I also like the idea of being able
> to use one of my three macs to
> broadcast a wireless signal which
> the Newton could pick up,

Then you will want to download this PDF:

<http://webpages.charter.net/quadzillanet/HOWTO-WirelessAppleTalk.pdf>

> I think. Even our G3 ibook clamshell
> from about 1999 will do this.

You Batcha! And if it has built-in Airport... you're in like Flynn!

> Never had so much learning fun with
> computers until I got a mac. Think the
> same thing is going to happen
> with the Newts.

Macs and Newts are not computers... they are natural extension of a perfect "State of Mind!" Breathe deep, three times, and call me in the morning.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM