Re: [NTLK] Newts CAN do 256 bit WPA2 (was: Deciding between wireless or ethernet card with dongle)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 03:51:14 EST

2008/12/2 Valerio Paris Mitritsakis <valerio@mitritsakis.gr>:
> This setup kind of defeats the purpose of having wireless in the first
> place...

Well, look at it this way. If you are surfing with a Newton, you are
probably already plugged in (because wireless sucks batteries, as does
Ethernet, but maybe not so fast), so just make yourself a very short
bit of cat 5 cable, rubber-band the dongle to the back of your newton,
and combine the two power cords, and you are hardly any worse off than
without. :-) And because the Newton is already unwieldy enough, the
dongle will hardly be noticed. ;-)

BTW, aren't there some dongles that work on batteries of off the
cable's power? I seem to remember using one of these in a hotel a
couple years ago, that wasn't USB, and worked without power mains...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland