Re: [NTLK] Anyone see this resource...

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 00:38:59 EDT

----- Original Message ----

Only my Mommie calls me Ronnie :-)

That's what I said... and yes, we've all posted the same link:

> Also, to anyone asking
> about the site link to the resource
> here it is:
>
> http://www.panix.com/~clay/newton/
>
>> What's really funny is that I clicked on the link

Same link...

>> and (lo & behold) I noticed someone
>> had updated something as recently as
>> March 2008. There was pretty good read
>> with a reference to an AppleInsider
>> staff writer.

http://www.panix.com/~clay/newton/

This link has always offered a cool "historical" outline of some very incredible software packages. These must have been "real" software, available for the the Newton, at one time. However, the majority of the information at this site always lead to dead ends. Hence my sorrow...

It has been this way since I started collecting Newtons in 2003. The site has always been there, but it never changed once in five or more years I've known about it. When I click through for the first time (in a long time), I half way expected the same... same site, no changes, dead end links. To my surprise, there was a new article on the front page, "Whoa... something new here!" (note the date)

To excerpt:

11 Years Later - A Newton Reincarnation?!
Apple's Jobs probed over Newton reincarnationBy AppleInsider Staff

Published: 10:00 AM EST 04 Mar 2008

In fact, Markoff claims that Apple's multi-touch technology was conceived as part of a "note-pad"
sized project run by the company's then head of Macintosh hardware Tim Bucher, and that it was internally referred to as "Safari Pad."
.
.
.
For its part, AppleInsider believes that Apple's ambitions for the project go far and beyond a digital book reader

--
Sent using My Yahoo! HTTP Transport
--
|\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM