Re: [NTLK] Newton model number?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 19:42:10 EDT

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Kostas Theofilis <roufianos@mac.com> wrote:
> I got a question from an ebay menber asking if my MP2000 had the
> H0136Z/A model number. Are there anyone with an MP2000 with that model
> number?

Hey Kostas,

Those are the Product Numbers on the Box of the units.
There is a reference to it here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum 993

Here are the details. Certain units also had special product codes because
they indicated Region NOS also.. Not sure if this one did as it's not noted
in the apple docs

Ordering Information
=====================
MessagePad 2000 with Newton Keyboard 8MB ROM, 5MB RAM

(1MB of DRAM, 4MB of Flash RAM)
Order No. H0225LL/A
· MessagePad 2000 handheld computer
with Newton 2.1 operating system
· Newton Keyboard
· MessagePad 2000 pen
· Four AA alkaline batteries
· Newton Connection Utilities software for Mac OS- and Windows
software-based computers
· Serial cables for Mac OS- and Windows software-based computers
· Newton Serial Adapter
· Carrying case for MessagePad 2000 and Newton Keyboard
· Complete setup, reference documentation
· Limited warranty

MessagePad 2000

8MB ROM, 5MB RAM (1MB of DRAM, 4MB of Flash RAM)
Order No. H0136Z/A
· MessagePad 2000 handheld computer
with Newton 2.1 operating system
· MessagePad 2000 pen
· Four AA alkaline batteries
· Newton Connection Utilities software for Mac OS- and Windows
software-based computers
· Serial cables for Mac OS- and Windows software-based computers
· Newton Serial Adapter
· Complete setup, reference documentation
· Limited warranty

MessagePad 2000
8MB ROM, 5MB RAM (1MB of DRAM, 4MB of Flash RAM)
Order No. H0226LL/A
· Same as H0136Z/A without spreadsheet

--
God bless,