Re: [NTLK] Hello again and should I part with all my newtons?

From: Joel M. Sciamma <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk>
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 06:02:16 EDT

Hi Kevin,

> I do have my personal 2100 and my eMate up and running and to tell
> you the truth, I almost can't remember how to do anything? Am I
> just getting old or what?

Given the value you will get from the sale is not going to be that
much, are there no little jobs that a Newt can fulfil? One of my
eMates sits in the kitchen with all my recipes and cooking notes,
another has my attic inventory, electronics and other hobby notes. An
MP2K is used in the garage for maintenance records.

The machines need little tending, use very little power and keep data
reliably - none of which can be said of Macs or PCs.

IMO, personal computers have become a pain in the neck and until they
make a significant jump forwards, the Newt remains as a uniquely
valuable and constant servant.

Joel.