Re: [NTLK] ATA Linear flash speed

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 09:42:00 EDT

On Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 2:24 pm James Wages wrote:

> Perhaps "partitioning" is the speed
> ticket we've all been looking for then?

I am of the school of thought that multiple partitions are better than one, single, large partition. There are many reasons why, speed is among them. This comes from the old magnetic HD days. The OS works more efficiently with less to manage. This, of course, may not apply to the solid state drives of today.

With ATA Support and the Newton it makes sense to have multiple partitions. Here is the break down:

#1 Editors (4MB)
#2 Big Apps (33OMB)
#3 eBooks & Movies (33OMB)
#4 Archive Data (33OMB)

Best Regards,

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM