Re: [NTLK] Programming help

From: Gary Dunn <osp_at_aloha.com>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 05:27:00 EDT

> From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>
> To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:28:53 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Programming help
>
> Kostas:
> Thanks. I have the UNNA locally so I will check it out. I would love to
> be able to
> program a PDF reader for the Newton complete with an animated page flip and
> a filing
> system for all the PDFs loaded on either the memory card or
> internally.

Examples of pdf readers are available as open-source software. These ought to give you some clues to get started. In Gnome the docoment reader is Evince. It is built using PoppIer, which was derived from the classic xpdf code.

http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/

http://poppler.freedesktop.org/

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evince/

--