Re: [NTLK] Freezing applications...

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 02:14:03 EDT

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 6:08 PM, andybloom <chooterbloom@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the general on the best application/add on for freezing apps?

There probably isn't a "best" only a "best" for your particular setup
and preferences. Personally, I use StandAlone's freeze utilities. It
puts a "freeze" and a "thaw" option into the envelope menu, and can be
set to automatically thaw and run and app, and then, on quit,
re-freeze it. It works great on low-memory Newtons like the 120 or
2000, where you probably want to keep most non-integrated apps frozen
most of the time. However, I don't remember if other apps provide the
same function or not. I've been using this app for about a decade
now...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland