Re: [NTLK] ATA Support (was: Connecting my Newton-Questions!)

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 03:27:32 EDT

On 8/14/08 12:12 PM, "Sonny Hung" <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a search on eBay for the 256MB Linear
> card you mentioned.

Sonny, here is the 256MB auction I spoke of:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMART-MODULAR-256M-LINEAR-FLASH-PC-CARD-PM20000_W0QQitem
Z300248426428QQihZ020QQcategoryZ51071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can clearly see this card is labeled "Linear" not "ATA" like the card in
the auction you mentioned.

The price is cheap too. I just don't want to spend any money on a card that
won't work in my Newton. Some have suggested I could still use the card on
my PC, but I use Macs. And no, I don't have any old laptops that could use
it either.

Best,

James Wages