Re: [NTLK] ATA Support (was: Connecting my Newton-Questions!)

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 10:38:00 EDT

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 6:10 am James Wages wrote:

> On 8/13/08 10:52 AM, "R A Parker" < ALWAYS REMOVE @ THANK YOU> wrote:
>> Linear Flash technology is flawed by
>> design Experience tells me it is time
>> to move on and buy a new Linear Flash
>> card
>
> Is it just me, or do those two
> statements contradict one another! :-)
>
> Fact is that I used that card for 2
> years without problem.

Exactly... If you can do that with ATA, I would then be impressed.

> But it stopped working after a
> Clarity lockup

Always be prepared for the inevitable. Since having the ability to do Wifi backups, and having bought several 24MB Linear Cards for $10 each on eBay last year... I'd say I'm a linear kind of guy.

> But I for one have not seen many
> 32MB linear cards on EBAY

Set your sights a little Iower, capacity-wise. However, I'm of the opinion that the Newton related supply chain is about 10% of what it was when I started collecting them 3-5 years ago.

> PCBman kindly offered to use his
> $1,000 machine to test the card and
> I accepted and shipped it to him.

> And what do you know, David just
> sent me an email with a complete
> report, as follows:

Incredible service he has done for you...

Loved reading the detailed report.

Sorry about your loss (that's the false sympathy part ;-)

Best regards.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM