Re: [NTLK] Formatting & Erasing Linear Flash Cards

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 11:06:20 EDT

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Matt Howe <matthowe@comcast.net> wrote:
> PC can get past and a Newton can not.
>
> Woody Smith wrote:
> <snip>
> the cards controller/ interface? or something like that. I'm guessing
> <snip>

My recollections are that there was a issue with the bits which tells the
device trying to access it some basic info. The Newton now if I'm correct is
unable to see the card properly with these bits which have gone awry... I'm
not sure if this could be fixed but I think that a Low Level formatting of
the card could possibly revive it but not sure how that can be done. I think
the vendor would have to do this or you would have to have special software
to do this...

My 2 cents :P

--
God bless,