Re: [NTLK] Exact Measurement of Newton 2000 Screen

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 10:30:04 EDT

I have both kinds, and I like them both - just different ways to get
more of a paper-ish feel: The "corrugated" one is stiff and goes under
the bezel - it would be slippery but for the ribbing, which slows down
a stylus nicely, but does feel odd at first. The WR stick on the
screen, and is a bit "sticky" or "soft" on the surface. It feel a bit
more natural, but is still not the same as paper.
I use the ribbed one with a sharper tipped stylus that tends to get
bits of grit caught in it - it protects the screen well, tho you can
see the abuse it takes. I use the WR with the very smooth Cross stylus
point, and it seem to last a good long time. I suspect, but have not
tried to confirm, that the WR+Cross yields better recognition, but
that may simply be because I have used & trained that machine more...