[NTLK] OT Re: NewtWorks, footnotes, and MS Word

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 12:20:18 EDT

A bit more southern goodness...
Lots of folks have been talking these days about using alternative fuels, the main one seeming to be "Bio-Diesel".

I got to thinking about the wood stove insert that we had installed in the fireplace last fall, and I thought, "Why use up all of my firestarter?"? So, I have taken to using pieces of brown paper bag on which I have blotted bacon or other various bits of fried deliciousness. I throw the blotter paper in my bucket with the dried sawdust pulp from my chainsaw, and in a week or so, it's good and dry. I cut off a piece, tear it into thin strips, and twistit back together. One match and that stuff burns hot enough to get the sawdust pulp and bits of wood slivers buring brightly! It's nowhere near as good as birch bark (Hard to come by in Detroit, though freely available Up North).?However, it is cheaper than buying that "Georgia Fatwood Firestarter" (Basically just bits of pine tree stump) from?one of the outdoor yuppie catalogs!

Oh, and yes, I believe we have at least two small ceramic containers in the fridge with pork grease at any given time!?? :O)

Best regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA