[NTLK] wifi issues

From: Oliver Leaman <oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 08:38:29 EDT

I have been enjoying using my 2100 and eMate with a silver Lucent card to connect up with the internet through wifi, and once one learns to cope with the eccentricities of the process it works pretty well. But, and this is a big but, I find it quite sporadic, in the sense that there are places it works fine, but other places where other computers seem to connect effortlessly, but the Newton does not connect at all. Is this a common experience? In particular, I find my Newtons do not connect at all well in Europe, but are on the whole happy in the US. Surely this sort of parochialism should not occur. I wonder what other people's experiences are, and whether I am possibly doing something I shouldn't for this to happen.

Oliver