Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS 9 help needed.

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 12:00:15 EDT

Guru, I am not.
I wonder if 9.2.2 is the problem. When I had a beige g3 with 9.1.? I
had no problem with the built in serial and NCU. After I installed OS
X the serial port was not available in classic, however
Newten <http://stevenf.com/software/newten/>
did support the built in serial port.

Can you install an earlier version of OS 9?

While I think it is unlikely that both of your Newtons have a problem
with the Newton interconnect port, do you have a keyboard or any other
way to test the interconnect port? These had a problem with breaking,
you would likely feel some looseness in it if that were the case.

Woody