Re: [NTLK] Sudden eMate problem

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 10:24:33 EDT

Smoothness of opening is no proof, since the released spring can ride
on the ribbon for a while before cutting through or it can be
sudden. Most of the hinge failures the i have seen lead to loss of
touch sensitivity and partial display problems.
Check the contrast slide.
Press the reset button with volume turned up, does it chime?
If no chime try holding the button for a twenty count.

Still no good, remove power and battery and reseat the ROM board in
the battery compartment.

See Franks site <http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html>
or contact me off list if you would like me to look at it.

Woody