Re: [NTLK] nBlog and Blog Spot

From: Josh Burker <newt_talk_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 00:01:09 EDT

On Sep 24, 2007, at 3:45 PM, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:
I have a blog on Blog Spot that I can post to from my Newton 2100 by
mail. The trouble is, Blog Spot ignores HTML tags and Mail-V formats
messages with HTML, so I have to log on and edit the post before I
can publish it. Would nBlog improve my blogging experience? The
documentation mentions Live Journal; is that the only blog site nBlog
works with?

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
I wrote a post on my Newton NPDS server about my personal experiences
running nBlog with my Blogger account:
http://24.18.247.199.8080.nyud.net/html/-500702107$562.nsd
http://joshburker.blogspot.com/2007/07/first-test-post-im-trying-to-
post-this.html
nBlog is a great way to post to your Blogger account, especially when
used in conjunction with nHTML, also by Adam Tow and included in the
nBlog 1.2 archive. nHTML gives you the ability to mark up your Notes
with the appropriate html so you can have links, for example, in your
posts. You can also longhand it in your Notes posts, but nHTML gives
you buttons with commonly used html tags.
I find I have to manually edit the blog posts that I post from my
eMate or MessagePad so I can assign "labels," for example, or
properly title the blog post. It sounds like you have a similar work
flow going with Mail V posts to your Blogger account; nBlog does give
you the ability to delete posts or update them, which the mail option
does not.
Check out the web pages I reference, and please feel free to contact
me off list if you have further questions. I find my eMate with a
wifi card and nBlog, positioned next to the sofa, is the ideal
platform from which to launch impromptu blog posts!
Cheers,
Josh