Re: [NTLK] wifi woes

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 09:26:39 EDT

Well some of that is due to the hot spot. Remember, the Newton only does
802.11b. If the hot spot is 802.11g and not mixed mode, most modern
computers will connect to it but not our poor Newtons. BTW, that is another
thing m hacked Nintendo will tell me, what mode the hotspot is operating in.
(This is not a plug for the Nintendo DS, it is just another neat bit of
tech. And if you Newtonians have one, it makes a good accessory for the
Newton.)

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

Oliver Leaman wrote:
<snip>
I have also set up my worksite with no SSID to allow for roaming, and
sometimes it connects to free sites and sometimes it does not. My experience
is that it connects less readily than a more modern computer. Is this the
general experience that people have or is it perhaps a peculiarity of my
machine?
<snip>