Re: [NTLK] OT: iPhone SDK To Be Released

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 09:52:15 EDT

On Oct 17, 2007, at 9:54 PM, W. Guy Finley wrote:

> Looks like another major iPhone gripe is being eliminated. Per
> Apple's website ( http://www.apple.com/hotnews )

Yes, that is a great step in the right direction. This will avoid a
lot of rouge development happening in the future and destabelizing
the device. It is, btw, no problem at all to write native iPhone apps
using gcc for ARM and other publicly availabe resources. Setting up
the developer system is a breeze. It took me about a day from buying
the phone at the Apple store to getting a simple self-written
application running on it. All I am missing to write good apps is the
toolkit documentation (and having an emulator, so I can avoid
uploading).

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/