Re: [NTLK] another heavy user, too early to say goodbye

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 20:52:38 EST

~~~ On 2007/11/29 00:12, Oliver Leaman at oliverleaman@hotmail.com wrote ~~~

> Like so many others on the list, I use my devices every day, sometimes it
> seems like all day. And I cannot get them to perform properly on the internet
> either, so need my grown up computer for those sorts of tasks. But for the
> ordinary things in life like typing the eMate is delightful, and for note
> taking the smaller devices are excellent.

It's really hard to explain how completely the Newton has penetrated my life
in the last 2 years. I've spent a lot of time in planes since September,
and was able to get so much done on the planes: writing out presentations
(and isn't it so much better glancing at a Newton than a full sized computer
screen?), scheduling the necessary work meetings and so on for the trip,
creating the agenda for things, keeping track of the contact details of
people I need to see, and if I have time, just writing for pleasure. That's
in addition to all the ways I use my Newton to help me with the more routine
things in my life.

And once on the ground, there's taking notes at meetings and writing out the
follow-up afterwards, and making all the last-minute changes that happen
more often than not to plans.

I've had days these last few weeks when Newt has been in action for most of
a twelve-hour day.

It's not easy to describe just how much my life has been changed for the
better by having this one device with which I can interface in the way most
natural to me, and where I can organize all my life without a brazilian
devices to juggle. And I keep seeing more things I could add to it that
would make Newt do even more for me!

I'm going to be a very unhappy groundhog, when the day comes that the Newton
no longer can cope with knowing what year it is, and worst of all, the day
it just stops working and can't be fixed. Grim!

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl