Re: [NTLK] Goodbye

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 11:16:40 EST

Matt,

That was very refreshing to read! I must say that my 2100s have been
gathering dust over the last couple of years. Due to the nature of my
small software business, I have to carry my PowerBook everywhere I
go, since I have one application I wrote that is essential for my
business and that only runs on Mac OS X. I also got a Samsung
Blackjack phone a few months ago and it's been pretty good.

However, I got back to my Newton because it's impossible to take note
on a Blackjack in a meeting. I since got another 2100 since I had
problems with one of the PCMCIA slot on my previous 2100. The one I
got was almost brand new! So, I've been trying to revive the Newton
in my workflow. As you have seen over the last few weeks, I've got
some road blocks. I'm trying to see how I can resolve them. While I
was in the note department for sync'ing with my Mac, I thought I
would also sync dates and names. Names have been working fine but
repeating meetings in iCal are giving me troubles in the Newton. I'm
using MoreInfo so I don't know if that is the problem. Basically, all
the repeating meetings I created over the years in iCal are showing
up in Dates, even though they have long been deleted from iCal.
Strange. I used NewtSync and made sure to turn off the setting to
synchronize deleted records and have it set to synchronize records
that are less than 30 days old. I'll have to see what I can do with
that. WiFi still not working, I still have to work more on this,
though. I just ordered the Pico Bluetooth card and will install
Eckhart's Blunt package and will try to sync through Bluetooth. I
talked briefly with Simon Bell about the whole situation and some
problems I had with NCX. I'm pretty busy but I'll see what could be
done here, in the area of synchronization, since I both very
knowledgeable both in NewtonScript on the Newton and Objective-C on
Mac OS X.

Anyhow, I'm glad to read those messages from NewtonTalk. Keep them
coming and thanks to all who did offer help!

-Laurent.

--
Laurent Daudelin
AIM/iChat/Skype:LaurentDaudelin 					http://nemesys.dyndns.org