[NTLK] Newton, education and emancipation

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 22:11:06 EST

November 15, 2007

I think it's great that some folks are still exploring how Newtons may be employed in the classroom! Here are some programs that I am aware of:

??? Mathematics:
??? Math 101, Counting Fun, Maths 9999, Shopping Fun [freeware by Mr. P. B. Jones]; Math Faster (Sealie Computing]

??? Writing:
??? Writers Toolkit,? (there's also a typewriter game, but the name escapes me -- Star something-or-other?)

??? Social Studies:
??? U.S. History (documents), States (I think its just a listing of states and city capitals?)

??? Foreign Language:
??? Business Japanese, RussDict (Russian dictionary)

??? Miscellaneous:
??? VideoOut (for collaborative work), Star Chart, Planet Finder, (there are also several variations of the Periodic Table of Elements);

??? Desktop Publishing and Design:
??? AvailWorks, VEA

There's a few dozen others, I am sure.

Matt K.