Re: [NTLK] Paul's ATA drivers and registration

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 12:12:00 EST

On Nov 11, 2007, at 2:31 PM, James Wages wrote:

> On 11/12/07 12:40 AM, "Randy Glenn" <randy.glenn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Often the employer
>> demands at the very least right of first refusal on any spare-time
>> projects, and some even more restrictive companies will claim
>> ownership of any and all ideas / work that you work on while employed
>> by them, whether you're on their clock or not when you're working
>> on it.
>
> No doubt the salvation of one's soul is also on the requirement
> list of
> these corporate dictatorships. As a business owner myself, such is
> just
> unthinkable to me. Indeed, it's borderline criminal, hardly
> different than
> owning slaves on a plantation. And to think, some people actually
> laud the
> "advances" mankind has made in our so-called "modern" 20th and 21st
> centuries. But despite all these advances, human beings still
> prefer to keep
> other human beings in chains under the guise of "business rights" or
> "protection of IP."

This is a completely ignorant assessment in my opinion, and is
extremely disrespectful to all people that have been/are enslaved or
have died through the dehumanizing treatment that accompanies slavery.

This kind of pap is usually spouted by white men.

If you don't want to work for an employer that has a non-compete,
you can choose another job.

Seriously,
Marty