Re: [NTLK] OT - Q: regarding MDD PowerMac SP 1.25

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 23:41:38 EDT

On May 23, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> On 5/23/07, Tony Morrow <gizmo1482@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You won't be able to upgrade the MDD PowerMac's processor for a
>> reasonable price. The cheapest upgrade you can buy new is $449 from
>> Sonnet Technologies. You might be able to find a processor on ebay,
>> but it probably will cost just as much as the total price of your
>> PowerMac.
>
> Does this mean I don't need to change MLB? I think my Mac is a MDD
> 2003.
> I wonder if you are correct and I could get it upgaded to a DP 1.25
> or higher...
> I know that by default my iSight still has a lag in it's video...
> Thanks for your input...
Your logic board is fine. Every logic board after late model G4 AGP
are able to handle multi processors. I don't know if that would help
the isight any though. I had the same problem with an isight that I
recommended to customer who was a speech therapist.

She wanted to record her clients, and show there progress. The
isight was too laggy and the audio out of sync. Deal breaker, and my
fault for recommending it.

Marty

PS Try looking at macsales.com