Re: [NTLK] serial connector

From: Don Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 22:47:52 EDT

On May 19, 2007, at 1:30 AM, Charles Newton wrote:

> Hello all, I'm the proud new owner of a Newton MessagePad 130.
> I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a cheap serial
> cable, and also if I would be able to sync my Newton with Windows
> Vista or Windows 2000 Professional?

At least a couple of people have responded referring to a 'dongle'.
That sort of connector is for the MP2x00 MessagePads. For the MP130,
you need a cable with a Macintosh serial cable connector on one end,
and the appropriate connector to fit your Windows computer on the
other. With that knowledge, you should be able to find vendors on
eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.

HTH

  - Don