Re: [NTLK] OT (No Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:50:52 -0400

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 11:20:21 EDT

On 5/16/2007 9:49 AM, Matt Howe wrote:
*snip*
> trainer for programming. You have to write compact efficient code when you
> only have 2Kb of memory for both the application and the screen memory.

Yes indeed. Something that programmers don't even consider these days.
It is still possible to create tight efficient code (I have seen
graphical demos that are positively amazing and still only 64k!). But
as I said, sadly no one does. So the bloat is upon us.

-Dan

P.S. Here is a link to a demo that someone put up on youtube. The
original demo is 180k but still very amazing what can be done in real
time now. And shows you how much our software does NOT need all this bloat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Eg3dBnsHk