[NTLK] connection options was: Any Amiga Users here?

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 10:24:35 EDT

Since this has strayed back onto a newton topic I've removed the OT from
the subject.

Tony D'Alfonso wrote:
> Sorry to keep this thread open, but...
<snip>

> This now raises an interesting question: Is there a Newton Connection kit
> for any platform outside Classic Mac OS and Windows? I've just rediscovered

There are at least 2 (I'm older than Adam so forgive me if memory plays
tricks on me ;-)
NCX from Simon Bell
http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/

and another effort (which is being delevoped on windows but is slated to
be portable) but I'm sorry to report I've forgotten the details but it
was aimed at using office as it's base.

there is unixnpi that moves pakages, I don't know much about it, but you
should be able to get info from the archives.

there is newtsync which is like NCU but runs on osX
http://thenowhereman.com/hacks/newton/index.html

a search of the archives should lead you to the threads, or look in the wiki

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.